Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wowzers

You know that series of job interviews that I talked about nailing in my last post? Apparently I am prophetic, because at 5:21 pm today, June 12, 2012... I was offered a job. 

I'm a real person now, friends. With benefits and a respectable salary and my own classroom and everything. The job is an elementary position at South Shore Fine Arts Academy. I'll be teaching either third grade, or a fourth/fifth interdisciplinary type thing- this will be talked about on Friday. 

The job starts on August 6. My summer jobs ends on August 4. Nothing like the craziness of life to smack you right in the face. I have about a day to recover from an intense summer and move into a new classroom and get ready for my first crop of kids to arrive on August 13. 

I am SO pumped. Bring on the ideas... all summer long! 

1 comment: