Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pictures- Day Two

I began the morning at 6:30 again, this time outside of South Shore International College Prep Academy, on 75th Street and Jeffery. After four hours I went home to get mentally ready for the rally outside of CPS headquarters this afternoon. We cheered and chanted and ended up marching to Buckingham Fountain. Here are some pictures from the day.



 At the height of our morning, with teachers from many different schools. 

 The beginning of the rally downtown. 

President of the AFT!  

Karen Lewis, CTU Union Leader 

You probably can't see what this says, but something along the lines of "If I'm graded on test performance, will I be fired if my student gets shot on the way to the test?" Violence here is a HUGE issue that affects everyone.  



 On the way to Buckingham Fountain- this is the tail end of the group on Michigan Ave. 



No comments:

Post a Comment