Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Oh, We GOT This

Children of divorced parents often discover the opportunity to misbehave all too easily. They play one parent against the other and win sympathies they wouldn't otherwise have extended to them.

My students play the same game, apparently. Because I teach both fourth and fifth grade, they have the opportunity to attempt to win the support of the other teacher, when they aren't in my class. Unsurprisingly, this typically happens after they had a difficult experience with me.

Sample:

"Dear Miss V: Ms. S said that I pushed D~ but I didn't so this is what happen we walked in the class and he was playing in the line then I exidtly (note- accidently, excitedly?) pushed him to tell him could you stop playing in the line. Then Ms. S thought it was a big push like to push him on purpose so I got a D (note- for not following directions) but I talked to her about what happen and she said that it was okay and she said that you can erased. (note- absolutely NOT true... she talked, I said "you pushed him") And the talking one was not me she had made a mistake about me talking I am not suppose to have a strike because I talked to her so that is what happened about the story I am not suppose to have a strike She made a mistake what happened If you want to talk to me you can but I leave real early so I just wanted to let you know. So I am not suppose to have strike thanks for listening and I love you very much! So can you give me a warning just like everybody else in Ms. S (note- NOT true... I'm crazy strict) and it won't happen again! I prmess it won't happen again!!!"

About 10 minutes later Ms. V walked this note to my room for me to read. We don't play, kiddos. Except for the same team.

1 comment:

  1. all teachers are on the same team.
    don't they know this yet!?

    ReplyDelete