Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Magic

(At the tail end of an absurdly long day)

"Ms. Sablich, I keep falling asleep and I keep trying to stay awake but I keep falling asleep."

"Okay buddy. Um, oh! I have a magic trick to wake you up. Keep your hands up and snap your fingers three times." (Yes, I realize that I'm a terrible person for manipulating nine year old children.)

Student returns to seat, attempts the magic.

"Ms. Sablich, I can't do it because my finger hurts and the doctor said it would be Friday before it stops hurting so I can't do it until Friday."

"Um... okay. That kind of stinks. Does your finger hurt right now?"

"No, but it won't stop hurting until Friday cause the doctor said."

"Ummmm..."

Student returns to seat.

"Ms. Sablich, I thought cause it was magic then I would learn how to snap. But I didn't."

I love these kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment