Monday, September 2, 2013

Why Do Men Want to Fix Things?

Being in a relationship has brought to a boil many of the questions I have about men. I grew up with boys, had male friends, and had a strong father. I'm familiar with men, but I'm not familiar with men who want me. I don't know how to react when he wants to fix something, or wants to protect me. It's sweet, but I was curious about the feelings that inspire it, the emotion that provokes the desire to fix.

My male friend explained it to me tonight:

"You want to be the source of good. You want to be the one and only, in that moment, who makes her life complete. So there is a rush to fix things because I want to be related to that feeling. It might be the worst feeling to know that someone you care about needs to go somewhere else to feel better."

It never annoyed me, but now it astounds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment