Monday, September 5, 2011

Friday Fun- Vomit and Sword Fighting

Friday was NOT the best day of work I've ever had, just to clarify. Any day that has me sweating before I get on the bus at 7:45 just isn't going to be great. Gross. And as yucky as the commute TO work was, the way home was much worse... I promise.

A~ woke up from her nap kind of grumpy and a little quiet. She didn't eat snack and kind of just put her head down on the table. I should have known then to park her by the toilet. About 15 minutes after my co-teacher left she got up to run to the bathroom in the middle of storytime, at which point I decided our day was officially over. I should have made the smart choice then, but how do you NOT comfort an adorable and sick four year old? So yeah, I got puked on. And it was while holding A~ after cleaning up a bit that my dear F~ came seeking refuge in my arms, along with his vomit.

THAT was a fun train ride home. That handsome man staring at me? Yeah, not for the right reasons.

There was a pretty amazingly funny thing that happened on Friday though.

We have open bathrooms at school for a few different reasons, but one of them is so that I can intervene when I witness two boys sword fighting... each of them was holding his penis. After taking a minute to compose myself and stop laughing ("Miss Dephanie, why you shakin'?") I addressed the situation like a mature adult person. "Friends, you need to pull your pants up. That is not an okay thing to do in school." "We were jus' fightin'..." "Okay, there are two problems with that. One, we don't fight in school. Two, you are not allowed to touch people with your penis."

So despite the heat and the vomit and the vomit and the vomit and the train ride home with the vomit... I still love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment