Friday, September 2, 2011

Wrong Number!

I have a student who is four year old, going on nineteen. She has this incredible attitude mixed with an amazing endearing charm- it makes for a fun relationship.

It was the end of a (LONG AND HOT) day today and I was playing bingo with this little girl and another little guy in my room, waiting for their parents to get there. When my phone rang with a Chicago number, I picked it up in case it was a parent or something. Dangerous move- it was a very engaging telemarketer from the Lyric Opera here in the city. He wanted to tell me all about the new shows coming out this season, and would I like to buy season tickets? I nearly choked at that (on this salary???) but politely tried to disengage him and hang up.

My darling A~ had other plans. "Is dat your boyfrien? Why you talkin to him Miss Dephanie? Is dat your husban? Miss Dephanie! Miss Dephanie- tell him wong number! Just say wong number Miss Dephanie! WONG NUMBER! Goodbye, man!!! GOODBYE, not boyfrien! Goodbye not husban! We are playin a dame!"

He had a sense of humor, luckily :) And I went home smiling, and season ticket-less.

No comments:

Post a Comment