Monday, October 10, 2011

Columbus Day

I despise Columbus Day for one big reason... Columbus was an insufferable, egotistical, maniacal, murderous person. Happy for him that he found the West Indies, really. Not so happy for the entire destruction of a people that was to follow.

So instead of saying a WORD about dear old Chris today, I decided to do a project on Native Americans and the different regions of the United States.





I split my kids up into 5 groups and they went at it, working on the different regions of the US and the Native Americans that (once) called those places home. So often children hear "Indian" and they think "tepee and buffalo..." and so it's nice to give them a broader view.











Plus, my kids ARE incredible. I am in love with my job, even though I clocked in about 10.5 hours before I clocked out today. Long day that went smoothly and quickly... the stuff a "holiday" is made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment