Saturday, October 8, 2011

One Big Week

Like everyone who works a full-time and consuming sort of job, I will say it: I cannot believe it is Friday already. I remember saying on TUESDAY of this week that if I could get through Wednesday I could make it to Friday.

Well, I made it in one relatively composed piece.

The beginning of this week was fraught with emotional drama on a scale I've not dealt with in a long time.

The middle of this week was mostly good, included being shouted at by a woman on the street, waiting many combined hours for a one bus, enjoying a lovely dinner and evening with someone who is growing special to me, connecting with a particularly enjoyable work-study student, turning in the two reports I've been slaving over, clocking in and out at normal times, and loving all over my kids.

The end of my week was filled with efficiency in my personal life- making appointments and figuring out financial stuff and making a to-do list for my weekend for the first time in a long time.

I think this means... this is real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment