Sunday, October 30, 2011

Random Thoughts

Thoughts in my head:

1. I cannot believe it has been two weeks since I last blogged. A lot has happened, naturally.

2. Work is beginning to stress me out in a very real and annoying way. It's not the kids or the family or the mission of the agency... it's about the management. When a child is dying, you call am ambulance. When you have an incredibly high teacher turnover, you start to look at the common denominator. When you have really unhappy staff members, you make connections between happy teachers and well-served kids. When you have people call in sick, you hire actual subs instead of just pulling teachers out of their own classrooms. I am so incredibly tired of it.

3. I have an interview for a part-time tutoring position on Tuesday. This could be a really great way to supplement income and improve my actual teaching skills. It is with a well known and reputable tutoring company in the city, which is an awesome match and hopefully a good opportunity.

4. I should be finding out sometime this month if I get an interview for the Master's Degree/Residency Program I applied to. It would be so fantastic to finish up this step of the process.

5. My mom came this past weekend. She was, as always, fantastic. She also facilitated my first visit to the Chicago Goodwill :)

6. I got a big mirror. A big beautiful rectangular wooden mirror.

7. Said mirror is causing a problem in my apartment. I want to hang it in the middle of my long wall, but I already have BBB (beautiful black man... a drawing Ean did) hanging next to my bed. Avoid those nasty comments, please. What to do?

8. Speaking of Ean, you should all love him as much as I do.

9. I've recently realized how incredibly important family is to me. I've always felt close to my family, but this is different. I'm starting to look at the future Stephanie more and more, and having my family involved in the life of my future family is becoming a massive priority.

10. It's nearly November. Holy moly.

No comments:

Post a Comment