Friday, March 23, 2012

Extroversion

I've written multiple times about the MBTI and the spot-on interpretation it has on my personality. In a recent conversation with a dear friend, I realized how sensitive some of these indicators are.

I am an ENFJ, and this personality type fits me perfectly. Each time I take the test, I fall relatively gently on the side of an extrovert. I need personal time, especially after big social events. Parties where I don't know people stress me out. I don't typically enjoy situations in which I am surrounded by strangers... last weekend's St. Patrick's Day festivities downtown are a case in point. However, I am a social creature. I could absolutely spend time with someone every night for the rest of my life... which leads me to believe that I need to be in a relationship soonish.

In reality though, I am at my best when I'm interactive in an intimate relationship with someone. Not necessarily a romantic relationship, just one where I'm known well, and I understand the other person at a deep level.

What does this all mean? No more living alone, stupid girl.

1 comment:

  1. hrm. I guess I wouldn't have pinned you as an E. But what do I know? (Myers-Briggs hater extraordinare).

    I do know that I agree with your conclusion. I wish I could be your roommate, but I don't know if I would wish that upon you, and anyway, it isn't to be. but I hope you find a lovely person to sleep in the 2nd bedroom....when you get a 2nd bedroom.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete