Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Weird Dreamin'

On a recommendation from a new friend, I downloaded the "Binaural Beats" application on my phone. Basically, these are "apparent sounds" that somehow stimulate the brain in different ways. There is apparently a number of benefits that can come from using such tones, including stress relief, relaxation, and sleep induction.

I tried out the "Unity" tone last night. The description on the application is "Wander in deep relaxing delta waves and let your mind explore freely and without bounds. May induce dreamless sleep and loss of body awareness." I chose this based on the ridiculous amount of bizarre dreams I've experienced lately.

Friends, let me tell you something. I fell asleep quickly and apparently had NO BODY AWARENESS at all, as evidenced by the ridiculously crazy dream scenarios I found myself in last night. I've never experienced so many personality shifts in one night. I think I slept well, but that "dreamless sleep" bit didn't exactly work out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment