Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Adventuring

I never would have called myself an adventurous person. That particular adjective wouldn't have fallen into my vocabulary if I was asked to summarize my personality.

I'm not sure when I fully realized it, but the need to adventure is, in fact, a key feature of the person I am. I went to a college where I didn't know a soul. I worked in a different state each of the four summers between college semesters. Friends... I moved to Romania.

I talk about the desire to find stability quite often. That thirst and craving for a sense of safety in a significant other, in a career, in my place in life. I thought I wanted that in a very real way.

And then I got that in a big way. The program I will be starting in June (more shall be divulged in time) provides at least 5 years of stability in my career and finances. That's a big deal, right?

So why did I have the most intense desire to move back to Europe minutes after finding out I was accepted into this teaching residency program?

No comments:

Post a Comment