Tuesday, January 31, 2012

More Weakness

In my last post (a few minutes ago) I discussed muscle weakness and my unsurprising attitude regarding the judgement of others.

I have more to confess.

I know that I've only worked out eleven times thus far, and that I have a LONG way to go before this becomes habitual. For now though, I'm riding the "high" that a workout gives me. I like the feeling of pride that I get when I am all sweaty. I like logging my sessions online and watching the miles add up. I like that I can feel myself getting stronger.

So perhaps adding exercise to my life in a more consistent way isn't the problem. Which leaves one thing... food.

I've tried this before, this eating the right way bit. It typically lasts for a few days, or a few weeks... and then I give in. I give in because I'm bored. I give in because I'm lonely. I give in because I'm sad. I give in because I'm happy. I give in because I'm hungry and I want something easy. I give in because my whole life I've thought about food.

Not this time.

In related news, English muffins with peanut butter and banana = best breakfast ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment